I'm not much of a sports fan, I'll admit. I played basketball one year for my high school team, and I've always loved playing sports with friends. But it isn't something I watch on television. I don't have a favorite team. I don't keep up with coaches or owners or stats. And yet, when Mary Lou Kayser invited me to join her on the "Play Your Position" podcast, I knew it would be a great fit.
Why? Because Mary Lou wisely uses a sports analogy for business and life success, and in that context, I am definitely someone who plays her position. I get the value of a good coach. I understand the importance of a team whose support and contribution you can count on. And I am always, always looking to move my business—and our clients—down the field.
The "Play Your Position" podcast shares insights and inspiration about showing up, playing hard, and winning. Mary Lou Kayser interviews successful people from a variety of industries who educate, enlighten and entertain the listeners with stories that showcase the many parallels between football and this game called life so you can get out there and play YOUR position bigger, bolder, better. Her ultimate goal for this podcast is to inspire the listeners, to continue playing their position to the best of their ability.
We didn't talk sports, but we did cover things like:
- my strongest influences and mentors
- a time when things didn't go according to plan
- the shifts I see happening in the book world
- key offensive strategies out of my "playbook"
For more information about the podcast, visit the show's website.
Imagining Your Name on a Book?
- why publishing a book is the best method for establishing your expertise
- what a book can do for you beyond "passive" income
- why you don't need to be a writer to be a successful author